Outsmart your competitors as you solve your share of over 3,200 hands-on word skill activities. Words spring to life in this quirky, exciting single and multiplayer game. Get started straight out of the box, or take advantage of the powerful diagnostic and reporting capabilities to zero in on your child's learning needs.
- Over 3,200 hands-on activities in vocabulary, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and pre-literacy
- Fine-tuned educational content with large window sizes, and drag-and-drop and snap-to functionality for ease of use.
- Concentrate on areas needing attention with Questions Only mode
- Simple, kid-friendly animated interface that enhances self-directed learning
Ages 5 to 15+
You're a street-smart Freak Seeker on the trail of the devious, slippery Super Slugs in this bounty-hunting free-for-all. But there's one small problem they can make themselves invisible! Complete word skills activities to search the streets with your cool Freak Seeking gear. With a bit of luck (and a few cool gadgets up your sleeve) you'll outsmart the other Freak Seekers, track down the most Slugs and become the number one Slug Buster!
Words Rock uses a carefully crafted progression of activities to develop word power, spelling skills and punctuation know-how, and delves into the nitty-gritty of how to grow word-smart kids. New concepts are introduced gradually, extending students at their own pace.
- Students choose an appropriate starting level and then advance at their own pace through over 3,200 activities across 16 progressive levels to build solid literacy foundations
- Grows spelling skills by exploring the building blocks of words
- Grows word power (including idioms, clichs, word roots, borrowings from other languages, archaic expressions, alliteration, connectives, synonyms, antonyms, homophones, onomatopoeia, collective nouns, metaphors, similes, puns, tautology, irony and hyperbole)
- Grows grammar & punctuation know-how
- Includes a broad range of interactive activities for all learning styles. Question types include word problems, multiple-choice questions and much more!
- Great for both group work and individual learning, in the classroom or at home
- Supports and strengthens learning by giving constant positive feedback
- Wide range of content from pre-literacy activities for young learners to advanced activities difficult enough to challenge adults
- National Parenting Center Seal of Approval
- AIIA Awards Education and Training
- EDDIE Awards Early Elementary Language
- BESSIE Awards Middle School Language Arts